(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 27, 2018 is out.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at 6:30pm to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 18 agenda items.
- Open Mic, a Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Free Meter. Consideration of a holiday pay station waiver.
- On Fire. Approval of the election of Christopher Alba to the Rye Fire Department.
- Banana Peels, etc. Consideration of a resolution to have a six-month, 150-subscriber test of a pickup service for food scrap recycling, with an accompanying drop-off location at DPW, to be supported by a grant and subscription fees.
- Can You Hear Me Now? Ratify the retention of the consulting firm, Menkes Associates, LLC to assist the City in reviewing telecom infrastructure.
- Shhh! Consider setting a Public Hearing on December 19, 2018 to amend Chapter 133 “Noise” of the City Code with respect to installations in the public right of way.
- Unseemly Poles. Consider setting a Public Hearing on December 19, 2018 to amend Chapter 196 “Wireless Telecommunications Facilities”, the City’s wireless code.
- Con Ed Alternatives. Resolution to authorize the City Manager to sign the Electric Service Agreement on receipt of PSC approval and confirmation from Constellation.
- Bumpy. Discussion of Paving Program.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.