(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 is out.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at 6:30pm to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Open Mic, a Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Old Code. Consideration of a petition by The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home Association to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code to create a new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District.
- Death and… Resolution to adopt the 2019 Budget and establish the 2019 tax levy and 2019 tax rate. Roll Call.
- Money. Resolution authorizing the City Comptroller to make the necessary year-end closing transfers.
- Checking Out. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with the Rye Free Reading Room to furnish library services for 2018. Roll Call.
- 911. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a 5-year Agreement for Emergency Medical Transport with the Village of Port Chester, the Village of Rye Brook and Port Chester-Rye-Rye Brook Volunteer Ambulance Corps. Inc. Roll Call.
- Can You Hear Me Now? Public Hearing to amend Chapter 133 “Noise” of the City Code with respect to installations in the public right of way, and Public Hearing to amend Chapter 196 “Wireless Telecommunications Facilities”, the City’s wireless code.
- Shitty Deal. Resolution authorizing the City Engineer to submit a request to the Westchester County Board of Legislature to transfer select properties along Locust Avenue, Graham Court, Clinton Avenue, Central Avenue, Woodcrest Road, Club Road, and Sunset Lane from the Blind Brook Sewer District to the Mamaroneck Valley Sewer District in connection with the installation of a new sewer pump station at the corner of Clinton Avenue and Central Avenue.
- George's Deals. Resolution to authorize participation in Westchester County contracts. Roll Call
- Calendaring. Resolution designating the days and time of regular meetings of the City Council for 2019 setting January 9, 2019 as the first regular meeting.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 7:30pm.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.