(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 is out.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at 6:30pm to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- State of the City. The Annual Message by the Mayor.
- Open Mic, a Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Siren Call. 7. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a 5-year extension for Emergency Medical Transport with the Village of Port Chester, the Village of Rye Brook and Port Chester-Rye-Rye Brook Volunteer Ambulance Corps. Inc. Roll Call
- e-Blotter. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to establish a 5-year extension to the existing County Repository for Integrated Criminalistic Information System Inter-municipality Agreement (RICI IMA) which will expire on February 28, 2019. This will grant the City access to the electronic transmission and storage of criminal record and police blotter information. Roll Call.
- Poo Deal. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into an easement agreement/dedication for the sewer main installation on Club Road and Sunset Lane to allow for the acceptance of dedication, maintenance, alteration, repair and replacement of the Sewer Main. Roll Call.
- You Get a Vestibule. And You Get a Vestibule. And… Consider setting a Public Hearing on February 6, 2019 to add Article VI “Vestibules” to Chapter 167 (Streets and Sidewalks) of the City Code of the City of Rye to facilitate the use and implementation of vestibules on the City’s sidewalks, allowing commercial properties to insulate interiors in a safe and proper manner.
- Recognizing Service. Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to approve a parade to commemorate Memorial Day to be held on Monday, May 27, 2019 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to hold a Memorial Day Ceremony on the village green event to be held on Monday, May 27, 2019 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.; Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to have a food truck at the Memorial Day event to be held on Monday, May 29, 2017 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7:30pm.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.