(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 is out.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at 6:30pm to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Open Mic, a Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Nice Preso. Mayor announcement of the City receiving the National Government Finance Officers Association Distinguished Budget Presentation Award.
- Boat Rentals. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to sign a commercial lease agreement with HRTK- Southern Connecticut, LLC allowing Carefree Boat Club to rent boats at the Boat Basin.
- School 'Em. Authorize payment of the balance of the 2018/2019 Rye Neck Union Free School District taxes collected by the City to the School District. Roll Call.
- Rotting Goodness. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to sign a 4-year agreement with the County of Westchester to participate in their Organic Yard Waste Management Program whereby the City can collect and transport organic yard waste to the designated transfer site for composting.
- Old Oak Tree. Consideration of a request by the Westchester County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to have a ribbon initiative in the Central Business District during the month of May 2019.
- Tradition – Boo! Consideration of request for permission to close a section of Purchase Street for the 67th Annual Celebration of the Halloween Window Painting Contest.
- Mmm! Consideration of request from Rye Recreation to hold the Annual Food Truck Festival Saturday, June 22, 2019. The Council will have to waive § 144-8D and G of the City Code.
- Gobble Gobble. Consideration of request from Rye Recreation to hold the annual Turkey Run road race on Saturday, November 30, 2019.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 7:30pm.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.