The Rye Food Scrap Recycling Pilot starts in March – here is how you can recycle all your food scraps:
What is It?
A six-month pilot program, due to begin March 2019. The pilot will be open to all Rye City residents who register first by completing the City of Rye's online registration form. The program comprises:
1. Drop-Off Location: Open to all residents at Disbrow Department of Public Works, 141 Oakland Beach Ave.
2. Curbside Pickup Service: Limited to the first 150 households that sign up for this service. (No apartments at this time.)
Is There a Fee?
Yes. All FSR participants must purchase a Rye City Food Scrap Recycling Starter Kit ($20/kit).
Curbside participants pay an additional one-time subscription fee of $26.
How Do I Participate?
1. Register: Complete the City of Rye's online registration form and click the yellow "Submit" button at the bottom of the form.
2. Pay and Pick Up: you will be contacted in the next week about when to pay for and collect your Food Scrap Starter Kit at Disbrow, 141 Oakland Beach Ave.
3. Start Scrapping! The FSR Site at Disbrow will open on March 4. Curbside pickup participants will be notified of details about their pickup day.
• Need help with registering? View registration instructions here.
• Questions about how to compost? View Rye Sustainability's FSR Page and FAQs here.
• Why compost? Find out why here.
• Specific questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org