(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 is out.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at 6:30pm to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the Agenda.
- Greenest. Acknowledgement of the City of Rye as recipient of the Westchester County Eco Award for its outstanding contribution to the County’s environment by having one of the top three highest municipal curbside recycling rates in 2018.
- An Idle Mind… Or Car… No Idling Proclamation.
- Green Winners. Announcement of the Rye Sustainability Leadership Awards.
- Green Light? Consideration of a Road Paving Plan for 2019.
- Owe? Consideration of a Local Law amending our City Code to allow certain well-qualified debt of enterprise funds outside the charter debt limit.
- Drop and Give Me a Variance. Consideration of a petition from 1037 Boston Post Road, LLC to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code to permit physical fitness facilities in the B-1 (Neighborhood Business) and B-2 (Central Business) Zoning Districts within the "A" and “B” Parking Districts.
- This Blows. Discussion on Leaf Blower laws and restrictions.
- $500 Benjamins to Rent City Property. Consideration to waive parking restriction on the snow field lot for a private event on Saturday, May 11, 2019 for a fee of $500 (with a $1,000 security deposit) contingent upon insurance and indemnification being provided.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 7:30pm in the Square House.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.