(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, August 7, 2019 is out.
The council will meet at 8:00pm (not 7:30pm) in the City Council chambers. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at 6:30pm to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 21 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the Agenda.
- Reno Field. Update on Nursery Field renovation project.
- Money Honey. Presentation by City Comptroller of Quarterly Report.
- Take a CIP. Presentation regarding the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for 2020.
- Come In From the Cold. Consideration to set a public hearing on September 18, 2019 to add Article VI “Vestibules” to Chapter 167 (Streets and Sidewalks) of the City Code of the City of Rye to facilitate the use and implementation of vestibules on the City’s sidewalks, allowing commercial properties to insulate interiors in a safe and proper manner.
- Can You Hear Me Now? Consideration of setting a public hearing for September 18, 2019 for a Verizon Wireless application for a special permit to install a public utility wireless communication facility on the roof of the Verizon building located at 182 Purchase Street and referral of application to the BAR for review and comment.
- Bad Guy Busing. Consideration to authorize the City Manager to renew an agreement with the Westchester County Department of Correction to provide transportation from Rye to the Westchester County Jail in Valhalla, New York. This agreement would terminate on December 31, 2020.
- Sewer Bills Coming. Authorize the City Manager to retain the services of Minol to establish mock billing for Suez.
- Safe Kids. Bid award to All City Management Services for crossing guard services as recommended by the Commissioner of Public Safety.Roll Call.
- Novel. Consideration of a request by the Rye Free Reading Room for use of the Village Green on Thursday, November 20, 2020 through Monday, November 9, 2020 for Novel Night. That includes set up and clean up. The actual event will take place on Saturday, November 7, 2020 from 6:00 pm – 11:30 pm.
- Carb Up. Consider of a request by the Jarden Corporation for use of City streets on Sunday, September 22, 2018 from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for their annual Westchester Triathlon.
- Death. And… Adoption of the 2018/2019 tax levy and tax rate for the Rye Neck Union Free School District. Roll Call.
- Patronage. One appointment to the Rye Golf Club Commission, by the Council, to fill the term expiring on January 1, 2021 of Benoit Ugeux who resigned.
- More Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.