(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 2, 2019 is out.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will convene at 5:30pm and adjourn into Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the Agenda.
- Can You Hear Me Now? Continuation of a public hearing for a Verizon Wireless application for a special permit to
install a public utility wireless communication facility on the roof of the Verizon building located at 182 Purchase Street.
- Let There Be Light. Open a public hearing to create a new local law Chapter 176, “Energy Conservation”, of the Rye City Code by authorizing the provision of financing through Open C-PACE to Qualified Properties within its geographical boundaries.
- Let There Be An Agreement. Authorize the City Manager to sign the municipal agreement with the Energy Improvement Corporation and the City of Rye to conclude the C-PACE process.
- Can You Hear Me Now, Again? Consider setting a public hearing for October 16, 2019 for a T-Mobile waiver request and legal memorandum in support of the request for a determination that the proposed facility upgrade at 66 Milton Road is exempt from Planning Board or Zoning Board of Adjustment Jurisdiction.
- Details. Resolution to appropriate $11,105.92 of the Police Department’s 1033 account and transfer to the Building and Vehicle Fund for the detailing of three police vehicles acquired through the NYS LESO 1033 program for use in the specialized and auxiliary enforcement units.
- Fore! Authorize Corporation Counsel to sign a settlement and release in the insurance matter of City of Rye vs. Travelers.
- Welcome. Discussion by the Landmarks Committee regarding the replacement of the City of Rye entrance signs.
- Run! Consideration of a request by the Rye YMCA for the use of City streets for the 32nd Annual Rye Derby on Sunday, April 26, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.