(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 is out.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and adjourn into Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Not Football. Recognition of the Rye High School boys soccer team for exceptional teamwork and humanitarianism.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the Agenda.
- Money Wrangle. Mayor and Council amendments to the proposed 2020 City of Rye Budget. Roll Call.
- More Money Wrangling. Open the public hearing on the 2020 Budget.
- Camping. Resolution authorizing City Manager to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement with the Resurrection School to allow Rye Recreation to host Upper Camp in its facility for the summer of 2020; and Resolution authorizing City Manager to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement with the Christ Church to allow Rye Recreation to host Kiddy Camp in its facility for the summer of 2020.
- ABCDEFG… Resolution to set a public hearing for December 18, 2019 to remove and renumber Chapter 176, “Energy Conservation” and replace with a New Chapter 83, “Energy Conservation Financing – PACE Program”; and Resolution to set a Public Hearing to add a new Chapter 84, “Energy Conservation Financing – CPACE Program” for December 18, 2019. The draft law was already voted in on October 2, 2019, but this will renumber the PACE law and allow the City to file it alphabetically.
- Should Be This Way All the Time. Resolution to waive parking restrictions and parking fees in all downtown parking lots and Purchase Street for the period between December 18, 2019 and December 23, 2019. Roll Call.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.