(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, January 22 , 2019 is out.
This week we kick-off with Mayor Cohn's State of the City or "annual message". Once delivered, MyRye.com will post the transcript of the message as soon as it is provided by the Mayor.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and adjourn into Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- State of the City. Mayor’s Annual Message.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the Agenda.
- Survey Says… Presentation by Blanca Lopez, Westchester County Executive Office, regarding the 2020 Census process and expectations.
- In the Red. Authorization for City Manager to purchase a new fire truck for $572,345.00 using funds in the Vehicle and Building Maintenance Account. Roll Call.
- Aye Aye Captain. Approve appointments to the Boat Basin Commission from the October 2019 election.
- Green for Green. Update on Fireman’s Circle plantings and resolution authorizing DPW to execute transfer of $3,800 from the Tree Fund to DPW so Rye Sustainability can execute the Fireman’s Circle plantings subject to TPS approval.
- Salute. Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to approve a parade to commemorate Memorial Day to be held on Monday, May 25, 2020 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to hold a Memorial Day Ceremony on the village green event to be held on Monday, May 25, 2020 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Then Eat. Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to have a food truck at the Memorial Day event to be held on Monday, May 25, 2020 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Vroom. Consideration of a request by the Rye Free Reading Room for the use of the Village Green and City Hall Parking lot to host the Annual Vehicle Fair Sunday, June 7, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Then Eat. Consideration of a request by the Rye Free Reading Room to have three food trucks at the Annual Vehicle Fair on Sunday, June 7, 2020 from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Shhh! Resolution to grant permission to the Rye Free Reading Room to use the Village Green for their book sale to be held on Sunday, April 26, 2020 from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours (check here, they may vary) in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.