(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, February 26 , 2020 is out.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and adjourn into Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 13 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the Agenda.
- Go Green. Discussion of Change in Recycling Pickup Schedule regarding paper, plastic, and glass materials.
- You Get a Trophy, And You Get a Trophy. Further consideration of new welcome signs and potential renewal by residents of existing athletic achievement signs.
- H2$10,000. Authorization for the City Manager to extend the contract with attorney Joel R. Dichter, Esq. of Dichter Law LLC by an amount of $10,000 for professional fees and services in order to continue to represent the City in the proceedings before the New York Public Service Commission on the petitions of United Water Westchester to raise rates and possibly merge rates within the United Water New Rochelle district.
- Knock, Knock. Consider setting a public hearing for March 11, 2020 to amend Chapter 144 “Peddling and Soliciting” to clarify permit requirements and soliciting laws.
- Need More Green. Resolution to transfer $380,326.48 from the 2019 Operating Budget and Capital Reserve Fund for the City of Rye share of Rye Town Park capital expenditures. Roll Call.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours (check here, they may vary) in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers.