(PHOTO: Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer during his April 16, 2020 press briefing on COVID-19.)
Westchester County is reporting 101 COVID-19 positive cases in Rye as of Thursday, April 16, 2020.
In response to a question during his COVID-19 briefing Thursday, Rye guy and county boss George Latimer said no decision has been made on the summertime opening of pools, beaches and Rye Playland but said the approach would be regional.
Just like everyone else, Latimer is looking at the NY State COVID-19 tracker for county and state level statistics on the pandemic. The COVID-19 numbers:
- Fatalities of Westchester residents: 668
- Fatalities at Westchester nursing homes: 207
- Fatalities at Westchester adult care facilities: 37
- Fatalities in Westchester: 738
- Numbers of persons tested: 65,268
- Tested positive: 21,828
- % Positive results: 33.4%
- Persons tested today: 2,642
- New positives today: 881