(PHOTO: Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer during his April 17, 2020 press briefing on COVID-19.)
Westchester County is reporting 106 COVID-19 positive cases in Rye as of Friday, April 17, 2020.
Rye guy and county boss George Latimer delivered his briefing on Friday from the county emergency operations center surrounded by supplies. He accepted a donation of protective equipment from Con Ed during his briefing.
Just like everyone else, Latimer is looking at the NY State COVID-19 tracker for county and state level statistics on the pandemic. The COVID-19 numbers (Note – certain numbers have not been updated by the State as of Friday, 8pm. The system is clearly struggling to collect and report accurate and timely numbers.):
- Fatalities of Westchester residents: 668 (not updated Friday)
- Fatalities at Westchester nursing homes: (not provided)
- Fatalities at Westchester adult care facilities:(not provided)
- Fatalities in Westchester: 738 (not updated Friday)
- Numbers of persons tested: 67,310
- Tested positive: 22,476
- % Positive results: 33.4%
- Persons tested today: 2,042
- New positives today: 648