(PHOTO: Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer during his April 22, 2020 press briefing on COVID-19. Note the original Rye Playland artwork over his right shoulder.)
Westchester County is reporting 126 COVID-19 positive cases in Rye as of Wednesday, April 22, 2020.
During his daily briefing, Rye guy and county boss George Latimer did not have much new news but said “we are is this for the long haul”.
Just like everyone else, Latimer is looking at the NY State COVID-19 tracker for county and state level statistics on the pandemic. The COVID-19 numbers:
- Fatalities of Westchester residents: 838
- Fatalities at Westchester nursing homes – note reporting is only available for certain individual nursing & care facilities – State is not showing any reporting on Rye facilities (nothing on The Osborn home, Rye Manor or Vienna Senior Housing)
- Fatalities in Westchester: 932
- Numbers of persons tested: 76,564
- Tested positive: 25,276
- % Positive results: 33.0%
- Persons tested today: 2,016
- New positives today: 620