(PHOTO: Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer displaying masks made by volunteers during his April 14, 2020 press briefing on COVID-19.)
Westchester County is reporting 95 COVID-19 positive cases in Rye as of Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
During his COVID-19 briefing Tuesday, Rye guy and county boss George Latimer reported that 37% of the deaths in Westchester have been at nursing homes and assisted living facilities. New York State just started releasing stats around nursing homes and assisted living on Monday.
Just like everyone else, Latimer is looking at the NY State COVID-19 tracker for county and state level statistics on the pandemic. The COVID-19 numbers:
- Fatalities of Westchester residents: 596
- Fatalities at Westchester nursing homes: 187
- Fatalities at Westchester adult care facilities: 36
- Fatalities in Westchester: 654
- Numbers of persons tested: 60,607
- Tested positive: 20,191
- % Positive results: 33.3%
- Persons tested today: 1,145
- New positives today: 405