(PHOTO: Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer during his May 11, 2020 press briefing on COVID-19.)
For Monday, Westchester reported the following City of Rye numbers:
184 total COVID-19 cases since inception;
-12 active COVID-19 cases (this assumes the remaining 172 have run the average two week contagion cycle and are no longer active);
-3 new COVID-19 cases.
During his update Monday, Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer reviewed the numbers and spoke about “continuing encouraging news”. He also spoke about the Governor’s plans for a staged re-opening based on various criteria saying “we are all grown ups, we know what we have to do”.
Latimer acknowledged a gift of surgical masks for the Corrections Department from Wellpath, a company that provides health services to the county prisons.
Finally, in a situation like so many other residents, Latimer said “obviously I need a haircut”.
Amen on the haircut.
Just like everyone else, Latimer is looking at the NY State COVID-19 tracker for county and state level statistics on the pandemic.
Important to note expanded reporting now shows fatality data from all nursing homes in the State, including The Osborn in Rye.
The COVID-19 numbers:
- Fatalities of Westchester residents: 1,227
- Fatalities at Westchester nursing homes – The Osborn Home in Rye is reporting four (4) confirmed COVID-19 deaths and five (5) presumed COVID-19 deaths thru May 10th. There is no data from Rye Manor or Vienna Senior Housing.)
- Fatalities in Westchester: 1,349
- Numbers of persons tested: 112,663
- Tested positive: 31,384
- % Positive results: 27.9%
- Persons tested today: 1,321
- New positives today: 90