(PHOTO: Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer during his May 22, 2020 press briefing on COVID-19.)
For Friday, Westchester reported the following City of Rye numbers:
200 total COVID-19 cases since inception;
17 active COVID-19 cases (this assumes the remaining 183 have run the average two week contagion cycle and are no longer active);
2 new COVID-19 cases
Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer delivered his COVID-19 update from Mt. Kisco Village Hall along with Mount Kisco Mayor Gina Picinich.
Just like everyone else, Latimer is looking at the NY State COVID-19 tracker for county and state level statistics on the pandemic and at the NY State regional monitoring dashboard to see our progress towards reopening.
Important to note expanded reporting now shows fatality data from all nursing homes in the State, including The Osborn in Rye.
The COVID-19 numbers:
- Fatalities of Westchester residents: 1,319
- Fatalities at Westchester nursing homes – The Osborn Home in Rye is reporting five (5) confirmed COVID-19 deaths and five (5) presumed COVID-19 deaths thru May 20th (that’s no new confirmed deaths since the prior update). There is no data from Rye Manor or Vienna Senior Housing.)
- Fatalities in Westchester: 1,444
- Numbers of persons tested: 133,384
- Tested positive: 32,767
- % Positive results: 24.6%
- Persons tested today: 2,350
- New positives today: 94