Rye Town Park and Beach announced its policies for the 2020 season and it’s a tale of two cities. You are a Rye Town resident and a permit holder. Or you are not.
What you need to know:
- All park and beach visitors must wear face masks and adhere to social distancing;
- Admission to the parking lot is reserved for residents and permit holders only until 12 noon on holidays and weekends. Weekends include all day Friday;
- All visitors are welcome to park after 12 noon on holidays and weekends. On weekdays, Mondays through Thursdays, visitors are welcome to park all day.
Further detail from Rye Town is below.
Rye Town Park and Beach is open for the 2020 season. Resident and non-resident season permits for the 2020 season are available for purchase. To comply with the New York State Rules governing beach operations and to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff, new policies have been put into place for the 2020 season.
All visitors must wear face masks and adhere to social distancing, in accordance with the governor’s and the Rye Town Supervisor’s Executive Orders. The park’s rangers and attendants will remind visitors to protect themselves and others by wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and practicing social distancing measures. Lifeguards will be on duty, and swimming will be allowed in designated areas. Park restrooms are open, but entry is limited to two people at a time. Attendants will be stationed at the entrance to the restrooms, and the facilities will be thoroughly cleaned every two hours.
Beach access is from 9am – 6pm when Lifeguards will be on duty. Parking and Day Passes can be purchased online through the MPay2Park app
or at one of the three automated kiosks in the park. Be advised that the resident discount can only be obtained at the beach gates.
Resident and Non-Resident permits may be purchased online through our portal at permit.ryetownpark.com
, or from the permit office within the park.
The parking lot policy has changed for the 2020 season as follows: Until noon on holidays & weekends, admission to the parking lot is reserved for residents and all permit holders only. All visitors are welcome to park after 12pm. Weekends include all day Friday. On weekdays, Mondays through Thursdays, all visitors are welcome to park all day.
The park’s Season Permit Office is open Wednesdays through Sundays, from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. To ensure the safety of visitors and staff, new procedures have been put into place. Visitors not complying with these rules will not be permitted to purchase a permit.
The following procedures will be followed at the Rye Town Park Permit Office:
- The Pavilions are reserved for people waiting to enter the permit office. While waiting, people will be spaced 6ft apart and called into the permit office two at a time;
- All staff will be wearing face PPE including masks;
- There will be a clear barrier between staff and visitors;
- A face mask must be worn to enter the permit office.
- Those not complying will not be permitted to buy a permit.