The Rye City School District Board of Education is currently seeking community members to serve on its Technology and Facilities Committees for the 2020-2021 school year. The District’s working committees offer thoughtful and critical recommendations for the effective and efficient operation of the schools. They focus on specific, annual charges and report progress at Board of Education meetings periodically throughout the year.
Interested volunteers should complete the application available on the Board of Education RCSD Committees page of the District website or by clicking here and return it to Sarah Derman at 555 Theodore Fremd Avenue, Suite B-101, Rye, NY 10580, or via email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is October 30, 2020.
The Technology Committee
The Technology Committee meets to discuss the use of technology within the Rye City School District. The Committee typically meets monthly from 4:00-5:30 p.m. Meetings this year will be virtual via Google Meet. The first meeting is in November. A complete meeting schedule will be provided to all committee members.
The Technology Committee Charge for 2020-2021 is as follows:
- Initiate a cohesive vision for the use of technology within the Rye City School District
- Propose and evaluate potential hardware and software products for use in the
- District and make recommendations to the Superintendent
- Research, discuss, and recommend professional development opportunities for teachers and administration members
- Develop and analyze an internal survey regarding the state of technology availability and usage within the Rye City School District, if appropriate
- Review the Technology Plan, if needed
- Review data privacy regulations Education Law 2D, as needed
The Facilities Committee
The Facilities Committee meets to discuss building and physical plant conditions throughout the District, identifying health and safety issues and physical design that enhances student learning as top priorities. The committee is comprised of administrators, the Director of Facilities, community members, and members of the Board of Education. The committee typically meets three times a year. Meetings will be virtual via Google Meet for the 2020-21 school year. There are no scheduled meetings; meetings will be convened on an as-needed basis
The Facilities Committee Charge for 2020-21 is as follows:
- Review and update the State-required Five Year Facilities Plan
- Identify a liaison to the District-Wide Health and Safety Committee as needed
- Capital Projects Plan Update