(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 21, 2020 is out.
The council will hold the council meeting virtually at 6:45pm. The Council will convene via ZOOM CONFERENCE at 5:30 p.m. and it is expected they will adjourn into a teleconference Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters, and/or labor negotiations.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR CUOMO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 202.1, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL, CITY HALL WILL REMAIN CLOSED. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
City of Rye residents may participate in the public meeting via the zoom link below. A resident wishing to speak on a topic should raise his or her hand and, when admitted to speak, should provide name and home address, and limit comment to no more than three minutes.
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/96111065381?pwd=NSszZ2NHeWZna0VTQ1Jsc3RYdTFVUT09 Or phone: (646) 558-8656 or (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799
Webinar ID: 961 1106 5381
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 11 agenda items.
- Over the Line. Rose/Bedrock Presentation regarding United Hospital property development.
- Retiring. Continue the public hearing for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District. All public hearing comments should be emailed to email@example.com with “Osborn Zoning Change” as the subject no later than 12:00 pm on October 21, 2020.
- Whose Got the Power? Westchester Power bid result report.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Decomposition. Affirmation of food scrap drop-off program and extension of existing curbside pick-up pilot until January 31, 2022.
- Keeping Afloat. Resolution to amend the 2020 Adopted Fees and Charges for the Boat Basin to create a fee for the use of storage containers for Summer/Winter.
- Man with Big Shovel. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with the County of Westchester for Snow and Ice Removal on County Roads for the period from October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2025.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 6:30pm.