(PHOTO: Msgr. Donald Dwyer of Rye’s Church of the Resurrection, the virtual host of the Rye Interfaith Thanksgiving Service.)
The annual Rye Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is going virtual. The on-demand video of the service is offered below, although many will be watching this Sunday, November 22nd from 3:00pm – 4:00pm, when the original in-person service would have occurred.
The service is coordinated and organized by the clergy from five local houses of worship and supported by The Rye Women’s Interfaith Committee. The committee has been meeting over the last 40+ years.
The Committee is made up of representatives from the four houses of worship in Rye (the fifth house of worship, Trinity Presbyterian, is in Purchase). Its mission is dedicated to the promotion of goodwill and understanding among people of all faiths recognizing beliefs shared and respecting individual differences. This year Resurrection Church is the host house of worship for the annual Rye Interfaith Thanksgiving Service.
- Resurrection Church: Msgr. Dwyer – Pastor; Joe Viserta – Music Director; Fr. David Barton – Parochial Vicar; Fr. Epi Marcaida – Parochial Vicar;
- Community Synagogue of Rye: Rabbi Dan Gropper and Cantor Melanie Cooperman;
- Rye Presbyterian Church: Rev. John Miller – Co-Pastor; Rev. Dan Love – Co-Pastor; and, Rev. John Paul Marshall – Associate Pastor for Christian Education;
- Christ’s Church Rye: Rev. Kate Malin – Rector;
- Trinity Presbyterian Church: Rev. Craig Higgins – Senior Pastor
Watch the service: