(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 is out.
The council will hold the council meeting virtually at 6:30pm. The Council will convene via ZOOM CONFERENCE at 5:15pm and it is expected they will adjourn into a teleconference Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters, and/or labor negotiations.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR CUOMO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 202.1, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL, CITY HALL WILL REMAIN CLOSED. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
City of Rye residents may participate in the public meeting via the zoom link below. A resident wishing to speak on a topic should raise his or her hand and, when admitted to speak, should provide name and home address, and limit comment to no more than three minutes.
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/98484071599?pwd=L2diL0tGeEZUbk12Z3J3MkZXSTNrZz09 Or phone: (646) 558-8656 or (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799
Webinar ID: 984 8407 1599
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 9 agenda items.
- We make it easy, You make it BEAUTIFUL. Consideration of a petition from Midland Rye LLC to amend the City of Rye Zoning Code by expanding the list of permissible uses in the B-5 “Interchange Office Building” Zoning District.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- You Get a Parking Spot, And You Get a Parking Spot, And… Resolution to waive parking restrictions and parking fees in all downtown parking lots and Purchase Street for the period between December 7, 2020 and December 26, 2020. Roll Call.
- Bunch of Puppets. Consideration of a request from the Chamber of Commerce to use the Village Green on November 28 & 29, 2020 from 11 AM – 4 PM for puppet and science shows as well as a children’s singer. All events will be by sign-up only and limited to 50 people with a new event beginning every hour.
- Bust Out Your Planner. Resolution designating the days and time of regular meetings of the City Council for 2021 setting January 6, 2021 as the first regular meeting.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 6:30pm.