(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, December 16, 2020 is out.
The council will hold the council meeting virtually at 6:30pm. The Council will convene via ZOOM CONFERENCE at 5:15pm and it is expected they will adjourn into a teleconference Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters, and/or labor negotiations.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR CUOMO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 202.1, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL, CITY HALL WILL REMAIN CLOSED. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
City of Rye residents may participate in the public meeting via the zoom link below. A resident wishing to speak on a topic should raise his or her hand and, when admitted to speak, should provide name and home address, and limit comment to no more than three minutes.
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/97330963345?pwd=WHdjRk1qZXNvZEFxc3ZjSTFkWDk1Zz09
Or phone: (646) 558-8656 or (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799
Webinar ID: 973 3096 3345
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- We make it easy, You make it BEAUTIFUL. Continue a public hearing to consider a petition from Midland Rye LLC (owners of former Avon building) to amend the City of Rye Zoning Code to expand the list of permissible uses in the B-5 “Interchange Office Building” Zoning District. All public hearing comments should be emailed to email@example.com with “Midland Rye LLC” as the subject no later than 12:00 pm on December 2, 2020.
- Money Talk. Continue the public hearing on the 2021 Budget.
- Albany Override. Open the public hearing to adopt a Local Law to override the State enacted tax levy limitation, if necessary.
- Cash In, Cash Out. Resolution to adopt the 2021 Budget and establish the 2021 tax levy and 2021 tax rate. Roll Call.
- Stirring the Money Pot. Resolution authorizing the City Comptroller to make the necessary year-end closing transfers.
- You Get a Waiver, And You Get a Waiver! Resolution authorizing the City Manager to waive permit and application fees related to local government projects.
- Budget 911. Resolution to appropriate Building & Vehicle Maintenance Fund Balance for the refurbishment of Ladder 25 and authorizing the City Manager to enter into a rental agreement for temporary replacement.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Checking Out. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with the Rye Free Reading Room to furnish library services for 2021. Roll Call.
- Branching Out. 2021 Participation in the Tree City program.
- Fore! Approve three appointments to the Rye Golf Club Commission for a three-year term expiring December 31, 2023, and three reappointments of current commissioners to fill 3 vacancies.
- Retiring. Adjourn until January 6, 2021 the public hearing for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District. All public hearing comments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Osborn Zoning Change” as the subject no later than 12:00 pm on January 6, 2021.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 6, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.