(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 is out.
The council will hold the council meeting virtually at 6:30pm. The Council will convene via ZOOM CONFERENCE at 5:15pm and it is expected they will adjourn into a teleconference Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters, and/or labor negotiations.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR CUOMO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 202.1, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL, CITY HALL WILL REMAIN CLOSED. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
City of Rye residents may participate in the public meeting via the zoom link below. A resident wishing to speak on a topic should raise his or her hand and, when admitted to speak, should provide name and home address, and limit comment to no more than three minutes.
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/98082647184?pwd=Rkkxa2pNQzNVU1g3MUM0ZXEzOExQUT09
Or phone: (646) 558-8656 or (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799
Webinar ID: 980 8264 7184
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 14 agenda items.
- Having a Row. Consideration of a petition from the Milton Harbor Foundation for a zoning text amendment to include a new special permit use for Civic and community center uses that could be applicable to the Wainwright House property (and potentially other sites) and would include water dependent recreational facilities.
- That’s Capital. Update on the City’s Capital Improvement Program.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Retiring. Adjourn the public hearing until February 3, 2021 for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District. All public hearing comments should be emailed to email@example.com with “Osborn Zoning Change” as the subject no later than 3:00 pm on the day of the hearing.
- Less Taxing. Resolution to extend the deadline for collection of Rye City Taxes by 1 month for this year only to March 1 – March 28, 2021.
- Can You Hear Me Now? Authorizing the retention of Hank Menkes of Menkes Associates, LLC to assist the City of Rye in reviewing its wireless regulations at a cost not to exceed $10,000.
- Driving Agreement. Authorization for City Manager to enter into an Inter-municipal Agreement with Westchester County for the Stop-DWI Program for the City of Rye Police Department
- Water Flowing. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into a contract with attorney Joel R. Dichter, Esq. of Dichter Law LLC by an amount not to exceed $10,000 for professional fees and services.
- eBay. Resolution to declare certain City equipment as surplus.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.