(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 is out.
The council will hold the council meeting virtually at 6:30pm. The Council will convene via ZOOM CONFERENCE at 5:15pm and it is expected they will adjourn into a teleconference Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters, and/or labor negotiations.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR CUOMO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 202.1, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL, CITY HALL WILL REMAIN CLOSED. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
City of Rye residents may participate in the public meeting via the zoom link below. A resident wishing to speak on a topic should raise his or her hand and, when admitted to speak, should provide name and home address, and limit comment to no more than three minutes.
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/93564916733?pwd=a25SZExoM1hLTFB4d2RxMjJMb3F6UT09
Or phone: (646) 558-8656 or (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799
Webinar ID: 935 6491 6733
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 15 agenda items.
- Having a Row. Council discussion and potential disposition of the pending Milton Harbor Foundation Petition for a zoning text amendment to include a new special permit use for Civic and community center uses that could be applicable to the Wainwright House property (and potentially other sites) and would include water dependent recreational facilities.
Pack Lunch. Resolution to adopt Rye Recreation Camp Fees for the summer of 2021. Roll Call.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Less Taxing. Consideration to set a public hearing for February 24, 2021 to adopt a local law deferring, for this year only, collection of City tax payments for an additional 90-days.
Retiring. Adjourn until February 24, 2021 the public hearing for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District. All public hearing comments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Osborn Zoning Change” as the subject no later than 3:00 pm on the day of the hearing.
Send Help. 8. Resolution to transfer $50,000 from the General Fund contingency balance to the EMS (Emergency Medical Service) Cost Center. Roll Call.
- United? Authorization for the City Manager to retain the professional services of Sam Schwartz to study traffic related to Rose/Bedrock with a cost not to exceed $7,500.
- Tilling Concrete. Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of City Car Park #2 on Sundays from May 9, 2021 through December 5, 2021 from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the Rye Farmers Market.
- Remembering. Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to approve a parade to commemorate Memorial Day to be held on Monday, May 31, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- And Honoring. Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to hold a Memorial Day Ceremony on the village green event to be held on Monday, May 31, 2021 from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- And Eating & Fundraising Too. Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to have a food truck at the Memorial Day event to be held on Monday, May 31, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.