(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 is out.
The council will hold the council meeting virtually at 6:30pm. The Council will convene via ZOOM CONFERENCE at 5:15pm and it is expected they will adjourn into a teleconference Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters, and/or labor negotiations.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR CUOMO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 202.1, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL, CITY HALL WILL REMAIN CLOSED. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
City of Rye residents may participate in the public meeting via the zoom link below. A resident wishing to speak on a topic should raise his or her hand and, when admitted to speak, should provide name and home address, and limit comment to no more than three minutes.
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/95462660538?pwd=ajk3TFVZRTRDalRUaG9WWFBOaExxQT09
Or phone: (646) 558-8656 or (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799
Webinar ID: 954 6266 0538
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Flagging Overdevelopment. Open the public hearing to adopt a new local law to implement a six-month moratorium in the City of Rye temporarily prohibiting the review, processing or approval of any new application related to a subdivision or re-subdivision of property [or, alternatively, prohibiting the issuance of any building permit for any development on subdivision plats filed after June 1, 2020], development on steep slopes or the placement of a residential structure with its front not oriented towards a front yard for the duration of this moratorium. All public hearing comments should be emailed to email@example.com with “moratorium” as the subject no later than 3:00 pm on the day of the hearing.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Full of Holes. Presentation of 2021 street resurfacing plan.
- Raining Inside? Consideration of a resolution authorizing the funding for the rehabilitation and roof repairs of Building 7 at Disbrow Park for the Department of Public Works.
- 21st Century. Resolution to authorize the acceptance of electronic filing of assessment complaints with the Office of Assessment.
- Taxing. Adoption of the 2021 County property tax rates.
- Sniffing Out Illicit Discharge. Consideration to set a public hearing for May 5, 2021 to amend a local law, Chapter 161 “Sewers” of the Rye City Code.
- Flying Away. Consideration of a request by Rye City Rotary and Rye Arts Center to install a public butterfly sculpture project.
- A Jewel. Resolution for a native tree dedication on Purchase Street on April 30, 2021 to Emanuela (Mannie) Riccio, concurrent with Arbor Day.
- Retiring. Adjourn the public hearing until May 5, 2021 for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District. All public hearing comments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Osborn Zoning Change” as the subject no later than 3:00 pm on the day of the hearing.
- Book It! Consideration of a request from the Rye Free Reading Room to use the Village Green to offer a variety of library programs from May 1, 2020 through September 6, 2021. The programs will include the summer reading kick-off, an outdoor museum walkthrough of Greek and Roman artifacts, baby wear dance classes, and other common library programs.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.