Last year it was a car parade. This year it will be a full parade with floats (in addition to a proper graduation on Saturday, June 19th). This Sunday, there will be a parade through Rye for our graduating seniors. All the seniors will be on a series of ten floats.
Details and the route map are below:
Dear Rye Community,
It has been a tough stretch for all of us – and particularly for the graduating class of 2021 at Rye High School. On Sunday, June 13, at 11 a.m., please break out the signs and pom-poms and come cheer on the 263 members of the senior class as they ride through town on a series of 10 parade floats!
We know many in the Rye community will plan to step outside and cheer as the parade passes by. The City of Rye is supporting the event with police and traffic supervision as well as by leading the parade with emergency services vehicles. We look forward to a day of wonderful memories that the Class of 2021 and their families will remember forever.
Here are a few key details for the day:
- The Graduation Parade will begin at 11:00 AM at the Rye Train Station and will proceed down Purchase Street, around Fireman’s Circle, and down Milton Road to the High School (see parade route map below)
- Community members are encouraged to step outside while safely distancing to cheer on the caravan in celebration of our seniors
- We encourage you to hold or post signs and decorate your fence, yard, etc.
- This is the first ‘float parade’ in Rye in many years and we should all be safe when joining in the festivities
- The event concludes at the High School at approximately 12:00 PM
Many thanks to those who have supported the event. A huge “thank you” to the City of Rye for support and assistance in making the parade a reality. A very special note of thanks to our dedicated faculty, staff, and administration and the Rye High School PTO who have worked to produce a terrific experience for the seniors and their families. We look forward to a wonderful day of celebration on June 13.
Eric Byrne, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools