(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Thursday, July 22, 2021 is out. That’s right – on Thursday, not Wednesday. And also, in person and not Zoom, in city council chambers at Rye City Hall.
The Council will hold an executive session at 6:00pm to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters, and/or labor negotiations.
It seems that residents wishing to participate must do so in person and can no longer participate in the public meetings via a remote video link.
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Driving Progress. Update on County Roads.
- Counting Beans. Update on 6-month City Financial results by City Comptroller, Joe Fazzino.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Building 5, Starring Ryan Coyne. Presentation by Stantec of design and plans for DPW Building 5 & Resolution to advance to final design and bid for DPW Building 5 with an expected cost of $6.3 M and referral of plans to the BAR.
- Capital Idea. Update on Capital Projects.
- No Smoking. Consideration to set a public hearing for August 11, 2021 to amend Chapter 166 “Smoking and Vaping” to the City Code to expand the City’s prohibition to school property and Rye Town Park.
- It Will Be a Cold Day in Winter… Consideration to set a public hearing for August 11, 2021 to prohibit the development of a Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) peaking station within the City limits.
- Flooded with Support? Resolution for the City of Rye to participate in the Westchester County Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) Update project.
- Perp Bus. Consideration to authorize the City Manager to renew an agreement with the Westchester County Department of Correction to provide transportation from Rye to the Westchester County Jail in Valhalla, New York. This agreement would terminate on December 31, 2022.
- Retiring. Adjourn the public hearing until August 11, 2021 for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 7:00pm.