(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, February 2, 2022 is out. The meeting is on Zoom (not in person).
The Council will convene at 6:00pm for executive session (not open to the public) to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts. The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Residents may email comments regarding the public hearing to: email@example.com. All comments must be received by 4:15 pm on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email should reference the hearing topic. Please include your name and address.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING, PLEASE ATTEND THE ZOOM MEETING VIA THIS LINK. Password: 615650
Or Telephone: US: (646) 558-8656 or (312) 626-6799 or (301) 715-8592 or (253) 215-8782 Press *9 to raise your hand to speak during the public hearing Webinar ID: 927 9094 8157 Password: 508716
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 14 agenda items.
- Hole in One. Acknowledgement of Jim Buonaiuto’s service to the City of Rye.
- Ida Don’t Want Another One. Post Ida Storm Update.
- Red. Approve the application of Luke Henry Goldszer for the position of Volunteer Firefighter for the City of Rye Fire Department.
- Flagging Overdevelopment. Continue the public hearing to create a new local law amending Chapter 197 “Zoning” of the Code of the City of Rye setting new restrictions on lot width and configurations of properties in new subdivision.
- Flagging Overdevelopment. Continue the public hearing to create a new local law, Chapter 166 “Steep Slope Protection” regulating development on steep slopes.
- Flagging Overdevelopment. Continue the public hearing to create a new local law amending Chapter 53 “Architectural Review” of the Code of the City of Rye to amend authority and scope considered by the Architectural Review Board in reviewing applications.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Upgrade. Transfer $180,000 from general fund to BV fund for technology upgrades to City Hall and to amend the prior authorization of an amount not to exceed from $150,000 to $160,000 for Council Chamber upgrades.
- Sounds Like Change. Adjourn until March 2, 2022 the public hearing to create a new local law, Chapter 122, “Landscapers and Leaf Blower Regulations” requiring all landscapers to obtain an annual permit in order to operate as a landscaper and restrict the use of leaf blowers.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.