MyRye.com is featuring varsity team MVPs from the Winter 2021-2 sports season. The MVPs have been selected by each coach. A big MyRye.com congratulations to all the MVPs.
Rye Boys Varsity Swimming & Diving MVP is freshman Ethan Zhou.
“Ethan was undefeated in all of his events during all of our dual meets,” said Rye Boys Varsity Swimming & Diving Coach Kelly Johanson.
- He qualified for Sectionals in 7 out of 8 individual events
- He qualified for States in 3 events- 100 free, 200 free, 500 free
- He won the 200 free at Divisionals
- He placed 7th in the 50 free and 11th in the 100 back at Sectionals
- At States this past weekend he placed 12th in the 200 free for public schools, he placed 21st for the federation(public and private schools). He also placed 31st in the 100 free