The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 is out. The meeting will be held in-person at Rye City Hall.
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Residents may email comments regarding the public hearing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments must be received by 4:00 pm on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email should reference the hearing topic. Please include your name and address
The council will convene at 5:30pm for executive session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Ida Don’t Want Another One. Flooding Update.
- Show Me The Money! 2023 Proposed Budget Discussion.
- Super Rogol. Resolution to name the newly erected lower pavilion at Rye Recreation after retired Rye Recreation Superintendent and 37-year City of Rye employee, Sally Rogol.
- Change is in the Wind. Continue the public hearing to adopt a new local law, Chapter 122, “Landscapers and Leaf Blower Regulations”.
- Explosive. Set a public hearing for December 7, 2022 to adopt a new local law, Chapter 88 “Explosives, Blasting and Mechanical Rock Excavation”, Repeal Chapter 98, Fire Prevention, Article VII, Explosives and Amend Sections 133-8, 133-9 and 133-10 of the Code of the City of Rye.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Rendering Judgement. Appointment of Judge Valerie A. Livingston to City Court Judge (full-time), by the Mayor with Council approval, for a ten-year term expiring January 1, 2033 upon the retirement of City Court Judge Joseph Latwin on December 31, 2022.
- Can You Hear Me Now? Open a public hearing to consider an application from Airosmith Development engaged with AT&T to modify an existing facility located at 66 Milton Rd that does not substantially change the physical dimensions of the current facility.
- A Legal Opinion. Resolution to approve a new retainer agreement with the Corporation Counsel
- You Get Free Parking and You Get Free Parking! Resolution to waive parking restrictions and parking fees in all downtown parking lots and Purchase Street starting December 17 and through December 26, 2022.
- Date Nights, 2023. Resolution designating the days and time of regular meetings of the City Council for 2023 setting January 4, 2023 as the first regular meeting.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- A League of Their Own. Consideration of a request by the Rye Little League to approve a parade to kickoff Opening Day of the Little League Season on Saturday, April 22, 2023 beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Branching Out. Consideration of a request by Christ’s Church to add a rain date of Sunday, December 4, 2022 for its Annual Christmas Tree Sale from 8:00am-5:00pm (for the associated road closure). The event has already been approved for December 3, 2022.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 6:30pm.