The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, March 1, 2023 is out. The meeting will be held in-person at Rye City Hall.
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Residents may email comments regarding the public hearing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments must be received by 4:00 pm on the day of the meeting. The subject of the email should reference the hearing topic. Please include your name and address.
The Council will convene at 6:00pm and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 10 agenda items.
- Ida Don’t Want Another One. Flooding Update.
- Capital Ideas. Update on Capital Projects
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Trash Talking. Award bid for Contract #2023-01 Solid Waste Container Service Contract for the removal and disposal of the City’s street sweepings and city-produced garbage.
- Consenting Adults. Consent agenda.
- Consideration of a request by the Jarden Corporation for use of city streets on Sunday, September 24, 2023, from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for the annual Westchester Triathlon.
- Consideration of a request from the Recreation Department for permission to close a section of Purchase Street for the 70th Annual Celebration of the Halloween Window Painting Event on Sunday, October 22, 2023.
- Consideration of a request by the Recreation Department to hold the Annual Food Truck Festival Saturday, September 9, 2023.
- Consideration of a request by the Recreation Department to hold the 47th Annual Turkey Run on Saturday, November 25, 2023.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 6:30pm.