From Rye PD:
Residents are reminded that the seasonal prohibition on the use of leaf blowers is in effect.
The following is a summary of City of Rye regulations regarding the use of leaf blowers and other powered lawn equipment:
• Leaf blowers (both gas and electric) shall not be used in the City between May 1 and
• Between October 1 and April 30 use of leaf blowers is permitted; however, a leaf blower
cannot be operated simultaneously on the same lot with another leaf blower or any other
type of machine-powered lawn equipment. This provision does not apply to any property in
the R-1 Residence District.
• Lawn mowers, outdoor vacuum cleaners and leaf blowers (during permitted season) shall not
be operated between 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. on weekdays and between 6:00 p.m. and
10:00 a.m. on weekends and holidays.
• Municipal entities, schools, religious institutions, membership clubs, golf courses, hospital,
retirement communities, cemeteries and driveway/road paving and sealing activities are
• Construction work is only permitted on weekdays (excluding holidays)
between 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and Saturdays between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Rock
removal activities are only permitted on weekdays (excluding holidays) between 9:00 a.m.
and 5:00 p.m.
We ask for your assistance in complying with these laws and advising any lawn service or other contractor you may use. For more information please visit our website at www.ryeny.gov . To report a violation, telephone the Rye City Police at 967-1234.