(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 is out.
The council will meet at 7:30pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at 6:30pm to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- Open Mic, a Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Wrinkle City. Consideration of a petition by The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home Association to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code to create a new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District.
- Act Up. RyeACT Youth Leadership Team Presentation of feedback from Youth Speak Out.
- CapEx. Capital Expenditure Update.
- Approve to Prevent. Consideration of a request by the RyeACT Coalition to use the Village Green to hold an Community Prevention Fair on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 contingent upon a certificate of insurance and approval by the City Engineer.
- Sock It Away. Resolution to authorize the addition of Westchester Bank and Signature Bank as authorized depositories of the City of Rye.
- Patronage. Consider a request by the Rye Golf Club Commission to appoint Terrence McCartney, Rye Resident, to fill a commissioner seat vacated by Garrick Gelinas for the remainder of his term (ending Dec 31, 2020).
- Green Lot. Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of the southern end of the City’s Car Park #2 on Sundays from May 12, 2019 through December 8, 2019 from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the Rye Farmers’ Market. Market hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Best Tradition. Consideration of a request by the Rye Little League to approve a parade to kickoff Opening Day of the 62nd Little League Season on Saturday, April 6, 2019 beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- I Wanna Go. Consideration of a request from the Vita Family to have a food truck at their May 5, 2019 annual picnic at Rye Recreation. The City Council will have to waive § 144-8D and G of the City Code.
- Johnny Gets What Johnny Wants. Consideration of a request from the Stigliano Family to have a children’s “gaming truck” for child’s birthday party on Sunday, April 7, 2019. The City Council will have to waive § 144-8D and G of the City Code.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.