This news came out late last week, but based on this writer walking through his neighborhood and seeing lots of recycling bins this morning, we thought we would re-post. There have been significant modifications to trash and recycling pickup schedules – only one collection of each per week – and residents must bring their material to the curb. Collection of other materials (green-waste, metal, etc.) has been suspended.
See the full details below.
(PHOTO: Rye DPW recycling drop-off area at Disbrow Park.)
Trash and Recycling Pickup Modifications Due to COVID-19
Trash and Recycling Collection Modifications due to COVID-19:
Due to the concern surrounding COVID-19, the City of Rye is limiting DPW staff to provide essential services only. Please take note of the following modifications to the trash and recycling pickup:
- Trash Pickup (curbside only) will be limited to one day per week, on your FIRST regularly scheduled pickup day (Monday or Tuesday)
- Recycling Pickup (curbside only) will be limited to one day per week, on your SECOND regularly scheduled garbage pickup day (Thursday or Friday)
- PLEASE bring all trash and recycling to the curb. If you need special accommodations or have a disability that makes this not possible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greenwaste/ Metal Pickup/ Electronics/ Food Scrap Recycling: Pickup is suspended temporarily for these items until further notice.
- Please make sure all garbage bags are securely tied and easily accessible for staff to pick up. Double bagging is encouraged.
The Resident Recycling Center (paper, cardboard, cans and bottles) and Food Scrap Recycling participants are still welcome to bring materials directly to DPW at Disbrow Park, 141 Oakland Beach Avenue.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.