(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, July 15, 2020 is out.
The council will hold the council meeting virtually at 5:30pm (note early start time). The Council will convene via ZOOM CONFERENCE at 5:15 p.m. and it is expected to discuss pending litigation.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR CUOMO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 202.1, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL, CITY HALL WILL REMAIN CLOSED. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
RESIDENTS MAY EMAIL COMMENTS REGARDING THE PUBLIC HEARING TO: PUBLICHEARINGCOMMENTS@RYENY.GOV. ALL COMMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 3:00 PM ON JULY 15, 2020. THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL NEEDS TO READ “Metered
Parking.” PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS. Only 3 minutes allotted to each resident to speak.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING OR OTHER AGENDA ITEMS, PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING VIA ZOOM USING THIS LINK:
https://zoom.us/j/92466628171?pwd=QVQ3RU5DZjh5d1hVam95LzZUbTNNZz09 Password: 815298
(646) 558-8656 or (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799
Press *9 to raise your hand to speak
Webinar ID: 924 6662 8171
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/au6uSdRIA
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- I’m smarter than the av-er-age bear! Presentation by the NY State Department of Environmental Conservation on bear encounters and best practices.
- Lights, Camera, Westchester Power presentation.
- Show Me The Money. Financial update by City Comptroller, Joe Fazzino.
- Playing Modified. Presentation by Rye Recreation Superintendent, Sally Rogol, regarding an update of recreation programs and park construction.
- Extended Purchase? Discussion to determine if “Purchase Plaza” street closures will extend beyond July 19, 2020.
- Sun Down, Change Out. Open a public hearing to amend chapter § 191-38 “Parking in Metered Zones” to extend all metered parking zones until 9:00 PM Monday – Saturday.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on items that do not appear on the agenda. (Please ‘raise your hand’ via Zoom to indicate that you wish to speak or press *9 if you are dialing in via phone and limit your remarks to no more than 3 minutes.)
- Retiring the Discussion. Adjourn SEQRA discussion regarding a zoning petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create a new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District until September 16, 2020. There will be no public comment taken and no Council discussion regarding this agenda item.
- Retiring the Discussion until September 16th. Adjourn the public hearing until September 16, 2020 for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District. There will be no public comment taken and no Council discussion regarding this agenda item.
- eBay. Authorization for the City Manager to sell at auction surplus equipment as listed by the Boat Basin and DPW.
- Upgrade. Authorization for City Manager to enter into an Inter-municipal License Agreement with Westchester County in order to participate in the countywide Hotline System upgrade to voice over internet protocol.
- A Civil Civil. Consideration of a request from Elise Atmaca, a Rye resident, to use the Village Green on Friday, September 4th, 2020 at 6:00 pm for a Civil Ceremony. The Ceremony would include a small gathering of 20 with social distancing guidelines in place.
- Purchase on Purchase. Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of City streets for the Annual Sidewalk Sale to be held on Thursday, July 16, 2019 through Saturday, July 18, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Patronage. Resolution ratifying the reappointment of Bart DiNardro to the Emergency Medical Services Committee for a three-year term expiring on June 30, 2023.
- Shhhh! Consideration to retroactively approve a request from the Rye Free Reading Room to use the Village Green on a weekly basis for summer Storytime Walks from July 6, 2020 – August 31, 2020.
- Curtain call. Consideration of a request from the Rye Free Reading Room to use the Village Green on Thursday, August 6, 2020 from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm for a free theater performance, offered in partnership with LawnChair Theatre.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
Wash your hands!