Rye Girls Varsity Track & Field hit many performance markers across two days of league meets this week on Wednesday and Thursday. “Girls had outstanding performances and achieved many personal bests,” said Rye Girls Varsity Track & Field John McGee.
Wednesday was the first day of league meets at Somers:
- Katie Coyne took 1st in 400 59.63;
- Cameron Bibas won high jump 4’8;
- Girls 2 mile relay won 10:20.2. Sophie Bourne, Jess Bourn, Bella Lulaj and Katie Coyne;
- Devon O’Donnell took 2nd in triple;
- Cate Doyle took 3rd in hundred;
- Jessica Bourne placed 3rd in 1500.
On the second day of league meet at John Jay Cross River:
- Mile relay 1st place – Maddy Childs, Katie Coyne, Sophie Bourne and Cameron Bibas;
- Logan Brady 2nd in shot 25-7;
- 400 relay 2nd – Cate Doyle, Maddy Childs, Megyn Coyne and Sophia Shoemaker;
- Isabella Gagliano 2nd in discus;
- Francesca Brizio and Chloe Nacson-Schecter went 2-3 in the steeplechase;
- # girls in 200 Final – Sophia Shoemaker 2nd, Cate Doyle 3rd and Devon O’Donnell 5th;
- Alessia Pedrazolli placed 3rd in the Pentathlon.
The girls scored in every event entered.
Franscesca and Chloe ❤️🤍🖤🏃♀️ pic.twitter.com/CecKwNtBqi
— Rye Athletics (@RyeAthletics) May 27, 2021