(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 7:00pm on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 is out. The meeting is on Zoom (not in person).
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
PURSUANT TO GOVERNOR HOCHUL’S BILL PASSED ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2021, REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE OPEN MEETINGS LAW HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AND PUBLIC BODIES MAY MEET WITHOUT ALLOWING THE PUBLIC TO BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT. THE MEETING WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM VIDEO-CONFERENCING WITH NO IN-PERSON LOCATION AND WILL BE BROADCAST ON THE CITY WEBSITE. A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE MEETING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT A FUTURE DATE.
RESIDENTS MAY EMAIL COMMENTS REGARDING THE PUBLIC HEARING TO: PUBLICHEARINGCOMMENTS@RYENY.GOV. ALL COMMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 4:15 PM ON THE DAY OF THE MEETING. THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL SHOULD REFERENCE THE HEARING TOPIC. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING, PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING VIA ZOOM VIA THIS LINK. Password: 301918
US: (646) 558-8656 or (312) 626-6799 or (301) 715-8592 or (253) 215-8782
Press *9 to raise your hand to speak during the public hearing Webinar ID: 990 4102 3237
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Ida Don’t Want Another One. Post Ida Storm Update.
- No Pepper. Stantac Presentation regarding replacement of Salt Shed and referral to the Planning Commission.
- Paving the Way. Update on Capital Expenditures Plan and fall road re-surfacing plan.
- Permitting Leaf Blowers. Continue the public hearing to create a new local law, Chapter 122, “Landscapers and Leaf Blower Regulations” requiring all landscapers to obtain an annual permit in order to operate as a landscaper and restrict the use of leaf blowers.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Holiday Gift. Resolution to waive parking restrictions and parking fees in all downtown parking lots and Purchase Street for the period between November 26 – 27, 2021 and December 20 – 24, 2021.
- 19th Hole. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an exclusive agreement with Lessing’s Inc. for catering services at Whitby Castle at the Rye Golf Club.
- Fore Three Years. Consideration of two appointments to the Golf Club Commission, by the membership, for three-year terms.
- Book It. Resolution designating the days and time of regular meetings of the City Council for 2022 setting January 5, 2022 as the first regular meeting.
- Retiring. Adjourn until December 1, 2021 the public hearing for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District.
- Tradition. Consideration of a request by the Rye Little League to approve a parade to kickoff Opening Day of the Little League Season on Saturday, April 23, 2022 beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 6:00pm.