(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, December 1, 2021 is out. The meeting is on Zoom (not in person).
The Council will convene at 6:00pm for executive session (not open to the public) to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts. The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended.
RESIDENTS MAY EMAIL COMMENTS REGARDING THE PUBLIC HEARING TO: PUBLICHEARINGCOMMENTS@RYENY.GOV. ALL COMMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 4:15 PM ON THE DAY OF THE MEETING. THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL SHOULD REFERENCE THE HEARING TOPIC. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS.
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING, PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING VIA ZOOM VIA THIS LINK. Password: 354362
Or Telephone: US: (646) 558-8656 or (312) 626-6799 or (301) 715-8592 or (253) 215-8782. Press *9 to raise your hand to speak during the public hearing.
Webinar ID: 959 8253 8513
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- Ida Like an Update. Post Ida Storm Update
- Floating New Fees. 4. Resolution to amend the 2022 Adopted Fees and Charges for the Boat Basin to increase various rates for 2022.
- Chipping New Fees. Resolution to amend the 2022 Adopted Fees and Charges for the Rye Golf Club to increase various rates for 2022.
- Moving Funds. Mayor and Council amendments to the proposed 2022 City of Rye Budget. Roll Call.
- Show Me The Money. Now Discuss. Open the public hearing on the 2022 Budget.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Developing New Rules. Consideration to set a public hearing to create a new local law, Chapter 166 “Steep Slope Protection” regulating development on steep slopes. – and – Consideration to set a public hearing to create a new local law amending Chapter 197 “Zoning” of the Code of the City of Rye setting new restrictions on lot width and configurations of properties in new subdivision. – and – Consideration to set a public hearing to create a new local law amending Chapter 53 “Architectural Review” of the Code of the City of Rye to amend authority and scope considered by the Architectural Review Board in reviewing applications. – and – Consideration to extend through March 31, 2022 the moratorium in the City of Rye temporarily prohibiting the review, processing or approval of any new application related to a subdivision or re-subdivision of property plans filed after April 7, 2021, development on steep slopes or the placement of a residential structure with its front not oriented towards a front yard for the duration of this moratorium.
- A Better Union. Resolution to authorize the City Manager to execute an amended contract with the Firefighter’s Union.
- eBay. Resolution to declare certain City equipment as surplus.
- Retiring. Adjourn until January 19, 2022 the public hearing for consideration of a petition from The Miriam Osborn Memorial Home to amend the text of the City of Rye Zoning Code Association to create new use and development standards for “Senior Living Facilities” in the R-2 Zoning District.
- Lining Up Early. Consideration of a request by the Midland Elementary School PTO to approve a parade to precede the Midland Elementary School Fair on Saturday, April 30, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 6:30pm.