From: Eric Byrne
Date: Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 7:16 PM
Subject: A Message from the Superintendent
To: Rye City School District Recipients
Dear RCSD Community,
For the time being, I will be sending out one notification of positive cases to the community each night, rather than sending individual school notifications. As a reminder, you can see the complete log of notifications on the COVID page of the District’s website.
The District was informed today of the following individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19:
- One individual at Rye High School – last in school December 14 – no additional school-related contract tracing or quarantines required
- Three individuals at Rye Middle School – one last in school December 10, one on December 13, and one on December 14 – the case on the 13th resulted in quarantines
- Three individuals at Midland School – one last in school on December 8, one on December 10, and one on December 15 – the case on the 15th resulted in quarantines
- One individual at Milton School – last in school on December 13 – the case resulted in quarantines
- Two individuals at Osborn School – one last in school on December 8 and the other on December 14 – the second case resulted in quarantines
The individuals are currently in quarantine. Due to federal health privacy laws, additional information about the individuals cannot be released.
Please be assured that we will continue to do everything in our power to keep the Rye City School District community safe.
Eric Byrne, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools