The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 7:00pm on Wednesday, October 4, 2023 is out. The meeting will be held in-person at Rye City Hall.
The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended. The Council will convene at 5:30pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 14 agenda items.
- Ida Didn’t Want Another But Got One Anyway. Flooding Update.
- Walking Forward. Consultant presentation of latest revised plans and alternatives for the construction of new sidewalks on Forest and Manursing Avenues.
- Impervious. Consideration of a resolution adopting a SEQR Negative Declaration and Finding of LWRP Coastal Consistency in connection with the construction of new sidewalks on Forest and Manursing Avenues.
Taxing. Open a public hearing to amend Chapter 177 “Taxation”, Article III, “Senior Citizens Exemption” to alter the income calculation used to determine exemptions.
Taxing. Open a public hearing to amend Chapter 177 “Taxation”, Article VIII, “Exemption for Persons with Disabilities and Limited Incomes” to alter the income calculation used to determine exemptions.
- Open Mic. Members of the public may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Patronage. Approve appointments to the Boat Basin Commission.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Run. Consideration of a request by the Rye YMCA to use City streets for the 36th Annual Rye Derby on Sunday, April 24, 2024, from 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. As part of the request, the Rye YMCA would like to restrict parking on Purchase St and Locust Ave for the same time period.
Vets. Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 to conduct its usual Veterans’ Day observance on the Village Green on Saturday, November 11, 2023, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. In case of rain, the American Legion Post 128 requests the use of City Hall on that date and time.
Books. Consideration of request from the Rye Free Reading Room to use the Village Green on Friday, September 13, 2024, through Monday, September 16, 2024. The book fair will take place from 12 – 5 pm on that Saturday and Sunday.
Vehicles. Consideration of a request by the Rye Free Reading Room for the use of the Village Green, City Hall Parking and Haviland Lane lot to host the Annual Vehicle Fair Sunday, May 19, 2024, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Food. Consideration of a request by the Rye Free Reading Room to have three food trucks at the Annual Vehicle Fair on Sunday, May 21, 2024, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The City Council will have to waive§ 144-8D and G of the City Code.
Reading. Consideration of a request from the Rye Free Reading Room (RFRR) to use the Village Green for various events on various days from July 2, 2024 – October 1, 2024.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 18, 2023, at 6:30pm.