The city council’s agenda for its meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, January 10, 2024 is out. The meeting will also be aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We’ll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Formal office hours of the Mayor and other officials have been suspended. The Council will convene at 6:00pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss pending litigation, personnel matters and pending contracts.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 12 agenda items.
- LUKE! Presentation of the Mayor John Carey Merit Award to Luke Walsh.
- Meet the Deputy [Smart Money Says Souza]. Appointment of the 2024 Deputy Mayor by the Mayor.
- Patronage. Designation of the City Council’s Audit Committee by the Mayor.
- Patronage. Designation of the City Council Liaisons by the Mayor.
- You Mean An Official Community News Site Called MyRye.com that People in Rye Actually Read? Designation of official City newspaper.
- Open Mic. Members of the public may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Government Fixers. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to sign a retainer agreement with Envision Strategy for a cost not to exceed $100,000.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 24, 2024, at 6:30pm.