The city council's agenda for April 21, 2010 is out. See you at 8pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (next day) at http://rye.peg.tv. The Council is expected to adjourn into Executive Session at 7:31 p.m. to discuss litigation.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 18 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – includes presentation of an Evening of Dancing event to be held on Purchase Street, the launch of the new City of Rye Website and the Rye Town Park Security Review.
- Smok'in. Approval of the election of the Chiefs of the Rye Fire Department.
- Cop-eration. Authorization for City Manager to enter into an Inter-municipal Agreement with
Westchester County for the Mutual Aid and Rapid Response Plan for the Police
Departments of Westchester County.
- Re-org. Discussion of proposed re-organization of the Legal Department.
- Term Limits. Proposal for term limits on Boards and Commissions including term limits for the City Council.
- Your Chance to Buy a Crown Vic. Resolution to declare certain equipment as surplus (buy old cop cars and other city vehicles).
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at the Square House.