The city council's agenda for July 21, 2010 is out. See you at 8pm in
the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision
Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet
(next day) at http://rye.peg.tv. The Council is expected to
adjourn into Executive Session at 7:30 p.m. to discuss attorney client matters.
check the batting order and highlights
from the 25 agenda items.
- Change the Batteries in Your Smoke Alarm. Approval of the election of four new members to the Rye Fire Department.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do
not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Doug's "Howling" Details. Mayor’s Management Report – includes
a coyote update. Also comments on construction, legal matters and an upcoming workshop.
- Agua. Authorization for City Manager to enter into a settlement agreement regarding the United Water rate case.
- RFP a Lawyer. Authorization for City Manager to seek an RFP for the City of Rye Corporation Counsel position.
- 9 to 5? Resolution establishing a standard workday for elected and appointed
officials as per new
reporting requirements of the New York State and Local Employees’
- Magazine Anyone? Discussion of the revised law on solicitation.
- Break Away Parking Faction? Discussion of Resolution to establish a Rye Town Park Advisory
- Charge Back. Consideration to set a Public Hearing to add a proposed Escrow local law
to assign the costs of any experts utilized by a City Board or
Commission to the applicant.
- Residency Requirement. Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend Local Law Chapter 53,
Section 53-2, “Membership of Architectural Review Board”, stipulating
residency requirements for architects serving on the Board of
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, August 11, 2010. The City Council will hold a Special meeting/Workshop on Monday, July 26, 2010. A presentation of the Capital Improvements Program will be made on Monday, August 9, 2010.