(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall.
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). Office Hours of the Mayor on August 10th will be held at 7:00pm – 7:30 pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Summary Report from Rye Town Park Supervisor; September 11th Ceremony Agenda; Legal update.
- Keep Rye Humming. Presentation of the 2012-2016 Capital Improvements Program.
- Lipstick. Public Hearing regarding a request by Avon to amend Local Law Chapter 90, Section 90-
10, “Rear or side line fences in business districts” to allow for a fence height of six feet,
and Chapter 197, Section 197-86, “Zoning Table B”, to clarify the minimum lot size & Resolution authorizing an additional three-month extension of the PILOT Agreement between Avon Capital Corporation and the Westchester County IDA.
- Curb Appeal. Public Hearing regarding a change to the zoning district designation of the 1051, 1037, and 1031 Boston Post Road properties from the B-1 Neighborhood Business District to the B-2 Central Business District and Change the parking district designation of 1031 Boston Post Road from the “C” to the “A” Parking District.
- No Texting! Discussion on the City of Rye No Distracted Driving Pledge for Traffic and Pedestrian
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- We Have Bus Shelters? Authorization for City Manager to enter into Intermunicipal Agreement with the County of Westchester Department of Transportation for Provision of Bus Shelters.
- First NetFlix Raises Its Fees… Authorization for transfer of $15,600 from RCTV fund balance to RCTV budget for Engineering Consultants.
- Death And… Adoption of the 2011/2012 tax levy and tax rate for the Rye Neck Union Free School
- Patronage. Two appointments to the Rye Cable and Communications Committee for a three-year
term expiring on January 1, 2014, by the Mayor with Council approval.
- Boo! Consideration of request for permission to close a section of Purchase Street for the 59th
annual celebration of the Halloween Window Painting Contest.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, September 14, 2011. The meeting will be preceded by a Workshop on Streets, Sidewalks, and Parking beginning at 7:00 p.m. detailing findings and recommendations from the Shared Roadways Committee.