(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall. The Council will convene at 7:15 p.m. and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session at 7:16 p.m. to discuss real estate matters.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- We the… Presentation of the Citizen’s Budget.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Legal Update
- Paper. Public Hearing to add a proposed Local Law to prohibit the use of plastic bags by Rye Merchants.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Blue. 2012 Budget Review: Police Department.
- New Policy. Consideration to set a Public Hearing to adopt the revised City of Rye Financial Policy and a revision to the Rye City Charter.
- Merger! Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend the City of Rye Charter for the creation of a Public Safety Commissioner to head the Police Department and the Fire Department reporting directly to the City Manager.
- Taxing the Guests. Home Rule Resolution supporting S5902(Oppenheimer)/A8556(Latimer) extension of the City of Rye Hotel Occupancy Tax.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 7, 2011. The City Council will hold a Budget Workshop on Wednesday, November 30, 2011.