(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 9, 2013 is out.
There will be a regular meeting of the City Council of the City of
Rye on Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 8:00pm in the Council Room of
City Hall. The meeting will be preceded by an Executive Session at 7:30pm to discuss labor relations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 25 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Capital Projects Update; Labor Contracts Update; Legal Update
- Sustainable? Update on the Rye Playland Improvement Plan from Sustainable Playland, Inc.
- English Please…Public Hearing for October 9, 2013 to amend local law Chapter 197, Zoning, of the Rye City Code, Section §197-1, “Definitions and Usage”, to amend the definition of “STORY, HALF”, and Section §197-43.2, Subsection B, “Attics” to amend the Calculation of Attics in Gross Floor Area.
- Where There is Smoke…Public Hearing for October 9, 2013 to: 1) adopt a local law amending Chapter 53, Architectural Review, of the Rye City Code, Section §53-1, “Definitions” to amend the definition of “Small Project”, and 2) adopt a local law to amend Chapter 197 Article IV “Use Regulations” and Article VI “Appeals” to establish regulations regarding outdoor fire pits and outdoor kitchens.
- Clary Clause? Discussion regarding the addition of a new article to the Rye City Code to provide tax exemptions for improvements to historic properties.
- Budget Gauntlet. Summary of the 2014 Budget Process and Consideration of setting the 2014 Budget Workshop schedule.
- Keep Walking…Discussion of the proposed Safe Routes to School Initiatives.
- Better than Incomplete… Consideration of Resolution to establish a “Complete Streets” Policy for the City of Rye.
- Red Pill. Consideration of the proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department General Order #111.05 regarding a Prescription Drug Collection Box.
- Jimmy's Plow. Resolution to appropriate $90,000 from the Building and Vehicle Fund, Fund Balance to the 2013 Public Works Fund for the purchase of a sidewalk plow to enhance the sidewalk cleaning program for critical corners and routes. Roll Call.
- The ATM. Resolution to transfer additional funds from the Contingency account to fund the support design and survey work for Safe Route To School project submissions and SEQRA Lead Agency declaration ($40,000) and for the retro-fit of Fire Department air pack sets ($50,000). Roll Call.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Medic! Authorization for City Manager to enter into an Agreement for Emergency Medical Transport with the Village of Port Chester, the Village of Rye Brook and Port Chester-Rye-Rye Brook Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc. Roll Call.
- Let's Hope They are Auditors… Three appointments to the Rye Golf Club Commission for a three-year term expiring January 1, 2017, and the designation of one member to the Rye Golf Club Nominating Committee.
- TV. One appointment to the Rye Cable and Communications Committee for a three-year term expiring on January 1, 2017, by the Mayor with Council approval.
- Smooch! Consideration of a request by the Rye Merchants Association to close a portion of Purchase Street on Sunday, December 1, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for the Mistletoe Magic event.
- FOIL'ed Again. Appeal of denial of FOIL request by Timothy Chittenden.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at