(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council’s agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, January 22 , 2020 is out.
The council will meet at 8:00pm in the City Council chambers. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and adjourn into Executive Session to discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personnel matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the Agenda.
- Balance Due. Authorize payment of the balance of the 2019/2020 Rye Neck Union Free School District taxes collected by the City to the School District. Roll Call.
- Be Positive. Authorization for City Manager to retroactively enter into an Inter-municipal Agreement with Westchester County for the providing a Positive Youth Development Program.
- Land-Ho. Approve appointments to the Boat Basin Commission from the October 2019 election.
- So Sue Me. Resolution to transfer $170,872.15 from the 2019 General Fund Contingency account to Legal Services account to cover expenses incurred in 2019. There is currently $245,000 available in the Contingency Fund. Roll Call
- Green on the Green. Consideration of a request from the Friends of Rye Nature Center to use the Village Green on April 19th from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (includes set-up and clean-up) for the first ever Rye Community Earth Day Awareness Celebration.
- Sprouting Up. Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of the southern end of the City’s Car Park #2 on Sundays from May 10, 2020 through December 6, 2020 from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the Rye Farmers Market. Market hours are from 8:30a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Red and White Checkered. Consideration of a request by Christ’s Church for use of City streets on Sunday, June 7, 2020 and on Sunday, September 13, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for their semi-annual picnics.
- Ribbons. Consideration of a request by the Westchester County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to have a ribbon initiative in the Central Business District during the month of May 2020.
- Boo! Consideration of request for permission to close a section of Purchase Street for the 68th Annual Celebration of the Halloween Window Painting Contest.
- I’m Full. Consideration of request from Rye Recreation to hold the Annual Food Truck Festival Saturday, June 20, 2020. The Council will have to waive § 144-8D and G of the City Code.
- Work Off the Bird. Consideration of request from Rye Recreation to hold the annual Turkey Run road race on Saturday, November 28, 2020.
- Sally’s Truck. Consideration of a request from Sally Rogol, the superintendent of Rye Recreation, to have a food truck for Summer Camp 2020 at Rye Recreation. The City Council will have to waive § 144-8D and G of the City Code.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours (check here, they may vary) in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. Attendance by the Mayor and Council Members will vary. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers.