(PHOTO: Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer during his May 8, 2020 press briefing on COVID-19.)
For Friday, Westchester reported the following City of Rye numbers:
-179 total COVID-19 cases since inception;
-9 active COVID-19 cases (this assumes the remaining 170 have run the average two week contagion cycle and are no longer active);
-1 new COVID-19 case.
Rye guy and Westchester County boss George Latimer delivered the update from the county media room.
Just like everyone else, Latimer is looking at the NY State COVID-19 tracker for county and state level statistics on the pandemic.
Important to note expanded reporting now shows fatality data from all nursing homes in the State, including The Osborn in Rye.
The COVID-19 numbers:
- Fatalities of Westchester residents: 1,191
- Fatalities at Westchester nursing homes – The Osborn Home in Rye is reporting three (3) confirmed COVID-19 deaths and five (5) presumed COVID-19 deaths thru May 6th. There is no data from Rye Manor or Vienna Senior Housing.)
- Fatalities in Westchester: 1,316
- Numbers of persons tested: 107,466
- Tested positive: 30,905
- % Positive results: 28.8%
- Persons tested today: 2,224
- New positives today: 197