The next Heard in Rye lecture is Thursday, June 4th, 2020 at 7:30pm on parenting during COVID. It will be online and registration is required.
- Are you and your kids encountering social distancing fatigue as the quarantine continues?
- As a parent, is it hard to know how to support your young adults during these uncertain times?
- Is your young child exhibiting behaviors that you don’t know how to handle?
The presentation will be a panel discussion and Q&A with local professionals moderated by Heard in Rye’s co-chair Jennifer Reisner:
- Lauren Rosen, LCSW-R;
- Jackie Berner, Mindfulness and Meditation Instructor;
- Heard in Rye’s Hilary Cooper, Ph.D.;
- parent educator Ann Magalhaes.
The panel will help parents and guardians gain insight into the particular challenges of children of all ages, from pre-schoolers to young adults. The experts will offer practical tips and tools to help families weather COVID-19. The format will feature a short presentation by each professional, with ample time for questions and answers.